Our client is a leading environmental consultancy with a strong and diverse array of private and public sector projects throughout the UK and internationally. They have built their success through the appointment of highly motivated individuals and investing heavily in staff training and development.
Due to a healthy pipeline of projects across Scotland, they are looking to appoint an experienced Senior or Principal Hydrologist / Flood Risk Engineer to either their Glasgow or Edinburgh office. You will have the opportunity to manage a variety of exciting projects in the commercial, residential, renewables and infrastructure sectors.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
You will be managing and undertaking hydrological assessments, flood risk assessments (FRA) and developing hydraulic models (primarily for riverine and costal environments). You will be liaising with other members of the team and the wider staff in order to deliver a thorough final product, as well as clients, local authorities and regulators. As a multi-disciplinary consultancy, you will be working closely with the ecology, EIA and contaminated land teams on various national and international projects.
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or similar subject with significant hydrology or hydraulics content
* MSc\MEng and\or PhD with a focussed on either hydrology, hydraulic, water resources or other applied environmental science subject
* Chartered or progressing to chartership - CIWEM, ICE or IEMA
* A good technical understanding of hydrology and open channel hydraulics
* Experience of GIS (e.g. ArcGIS) and hydraulic \ hydrology modelling software (e.g. FEH, WINFAP, Flood Modeller \ TUFLOW, HEC-RAS, Infoworks ICM, HYSIM, Microdrainage) -
* Experience in flood estimation methods, undertaking environmental impact assessments, drainage and SUDs design, river engineering and water resource assessment.
* Strong knowledge of UK legislation
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Full UK driving licence
This role offers an exciting opportunity to work with and support a team of fellow environmental specialists, in an innovative, high growth and forward thinking company.
Hydrolgist - Water - Hydraulic Modelling - Senior - Hydrology - CIWEM - GIS - Flood Risk - Glasgow - Microdrainage