Looking for a next step in your Geo-Environmental career? Join an established consultancy specialising within contaminated land, ground engineering and waste management. In line with the company's growth plans, they are looking for a Geo-Environmental Consultant to join their dynamic team within the Wells office.
Using your two years+ experience within a consultancy environment, you will be providing consultancy services across the UK in contaminated land assessment and remediation across the financial, development, infrastructure and industrial sectors. The team focuses on a variety of project work including residential and commercial within Geotechnical and Geo-environmental phases of development.
Role & Company:
You will be undertaking desk based research including phase 1 site reconnaissance surveys, preparing reports alongside senior members of the team, and phase 2 on-site monitoring of gas, groundwater and surface water, initially supporting with site investigation with the opportunity to progress to independently carrying out investigations. Our client is looking for a team player, who is well organised and with a flexible can do attitude!
The organisation has a strong reputation for delivering innovative and cost effective solutions to challenging development sites which distinguishes them from their competitors. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly motivated, enthusiastic and close-knit team where training and mentoring is just one of the ways in which my client will invest in you.
Qualifications & Experience:
* A degree in the followingor associated science/engineering disciplines is required: Geology, Environmental Science, Environmental Geoscience, Applied Geology or Geotechnical Engineering.
* A post-graduate qualificationwould be advantageous, although not essential.
* Experience and proficiency in using AutoCAD
* Ability to accurately measure and record environmental data.
* Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
* Competent and efficient report writing skills.
* Full clean UK driving licence.
There is clear progression and strong opportunity for contribution within the company's wider growth plans. The growing team is friendly and supportive, with the added bonus of office dogs!
Geo-environmental - Consultant - Geology - Remediation - Wells - Contaminated Land - AutoCAD - Somerset