An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ecologist to join an established national environmental consultancy practice in their Maidstone office. You will be supporting the Principal Ecologist on a variety of project work including habitat, vegetation and protected species surveys, watching briefs and assisting with EcIAs.
If you have a passion for ecology and conservation and have demonstrable ecological experience within a consultancy environment then we'd love to hear from you.
As a team Ecologist your brief will include;
* Survey and mitigation works regarding protected species on both local and national-scale projects,
* Undertaking and writing scoping, Phase 1 habitat reports and developing ecological management plans for planning.
* Undertaking ecological Clerk of Works and Watching Brief roles on construction contracts.
Qualifications / Experience:
Successful Ecologists will have;
* An appropriate degree(s) and proven experience of working within a consultancy environment
* Graduate / Associate IEEM Membership
* Competency in the survey of one or more key protected species: great crested newts, badgers, reptiles, dormice, water voles, birds
* Proven report writing capabilities including Phase 1 survey reports, protected species survey reports and ES chapters.
* Full clean driving licence
* Holder of at least one EPS license desirable
In reward for your efforts you will benefit from a competitive salary, company profit share scheme, pension, benefits and become part of a talented and grow team and company.
Ecology - Ecologist - Consultant - Protected species - Ecological consultancy