We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Structural Engineer to join an established engineering consultancy in Kent. The successful candidate will be required to manage projects and mentor graduates and technicians. To oversee the day to day running of projects, attend project meetings, be the daily contact for the client, contractor and other project consultants. IStructE Chartership is preferred, however it is not a prerequisite.
There is a genuine desire for this practice to grow, hence it is an exciting time to join!
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The Senior Structural Engineer brief will include:
* Developing design schemes as required by the Directors and Principal engineers.
* Delivering projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
* Mentoring junior engineers, graduates and technicians.
* Ensuring that all project related documentation is kept in compliance to the Business Management systems, processes, and procedures.
* Anticipating challenges and project risks and recommend necessary mitigating measures, and where necessary relay to clients.
* Taking an active role in the development of the Structures Division with a view to expanding our client base.
* Making sure the company adheres and contributes to business and quality management systems
Qualifications / Experience:
Successful candidates will have;
* MEng in Civil or Structural engineering discipline
* Working towards or a Chartered Structural Engineer
* Broad experience in structural engineering design and construction
* Capability to lead design aspects of projects including managing quality, budget, programme and resources
* Understanding of structural theory and strong analytical skills, with proven problem-solving ability
For more information, give Elliot a call on 0207 960 2580