Asset management lead engineer, Energy Storage & EV. salary range £40,000 - £65,000 p.a + bonus. Central London. UK.
We're looking for an engineer with a desire to work with battery storage systems and electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
You'll head a small team leading on all aspects of asset management for a portfolio of grid connected battery storage systems and a growing portfolio of behind the meter storage and EV charging facilities.
You're likely to have significant post-graduate engineering experience in the UK power generation / energy sector, preferably in a technical asset management, operations or technical project management capacity.
The company is an investment / development firm that owns and operates a portfolio of grid connected battery storage systems (60MW +) and provides behind the meter storage systems and commercial fleet EV charging infrastructure to large corporates / industrial users (typically FTSE 250 entities).
The firm is small but dynamic, very fast paced and growing. Their offices are in Mayfair, London.
You'll work closely with the Directors of the firm, their clients and third-party contractors to optimise the technical and financial performance of the assets.
You'll design and implement robust processes around O&M and produce high quality performance reports for the asset owners.
The role is varied, you'll also be required to visit customer sites, manage small improvement projects, small build design-projects as well as supporting business development activities (providing input into tenders / proposals).
You'll have a confident approach, able to manage junior team members as well as relationships with clients and third-party sub-contractors.
* Engineering background - electrical engineering preferably
* Min 5 years' work experience in the energy sector (probably 8+)
* Asset management / operations management or project management background in LV / HV
* Commercially aware, keen eye for cost reductions
* Ability to work in the HQ in London and visit customer sites regularly
* Evidence of working under your own initiative and some leadership experience
* Fluent English with good written skills
* Must have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship.
A competitive remuneration package is available, based on quality and range of experience c. £40,000 - £65,000 + bonus (range based on indicative experience of 8 -15 + years'). Good opportunity for personal growth and responsibility
Applications - In the first instance please contact the company's recruitment advisor Igloo3.