A leading multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy is looking for a hard-working individual to join their growing air quality team. You'll be working alongside an experienced team on a wide range of national projects across both commercial and residential sectors.
With a strong focus on design delivery, you will manage your own work by taking briefs from team leaders and delivering elements of the designs for large and complex projects through the full project life cycle. Our client values its core commitment to innovation and engineering excellence, through delivering integrated building analysis, so a desire to problem solve and provide clients with innovative solutions should be central to your approach to work.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to work in a fast paced environment with a supportive air quality team. As well as the company's award winning professional development programmes, this role will be highly supported through a robust training scheme and day to day mentoring.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Your responsibilities will include:
* Taking briefs and delivering on air quality projects from inception to completion
* Dispersion modelling using ADMS software packages
* Conducting air quality assessment report writing, including for Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs)
* Carrying out analysis of various data sets including road traffic and energy system information to assess projects
* Supporting onsite air quality monitoring
* Producing design advice documents to support ventilation strategies
* Reviewing and commenting on information provided by the client and other members of the professional team for design purposes
* Reviewing and commenting on information provided by contactors
* Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and motivate junior team members
* Effectively managing and motivating colleagues within and outside of the HL team
* Liaising with project team members and local authorities to agree approach and obtain the inputs needed for assessments
Qualifications / Experience:
* A degree in engineering, science or maths
* Membership of the Institute of Air Quality Management (IAQM)
* Previous work experience in an air quality consultancy role
* Strong mathematical / quantitative analysis skills and understanding of physical and chemical processes
* Strong report writing and reviewing skills
* Experience of interpreting air quality monitoring data
* Knowledge of air quality monitoring techniques and strategies
* Extensive experience of using air dispersion models, such as ADMS packages
* Ability to juggle multiple projects at one time and deliver to demanding timescales.
You'll become part of a supportive working environment which is well suited to friendly and ambitious professionals who demonstrate a flexible and resilient approach to work. Apply today to find out more about the exciting project portfolio you could be helping to deliver!
Air Quality Consultant - Manchester - IAQM - EIA - Consultancy - ADMS - Dispersion Modelling - Monitoring