One of the South East's leading Residential and Mixed-Use Developers are on the lookout for a Structural Engineering Manager to join their head office to work on approximately 1,000 new build units per year. The current Structural Engineering Manager is set to retire in 2020, hence they are looking to provide an 18 month overlap period which means you aren't overwhelmed when you join. In the first 6 months you will be learning from the current Manager, in the next 6 months you will be working from him, and in the last 6 he will be shadowing you.
The majority of sites are bought unconditionally, hence you will need to understand what makes a good site for both high-rise and low-rise developments. You will also be required to write reports at each stage of the construction process (eg. before buying the land, at planning approval stage etc.). Having good experience of report writing is key for this role.
You must have understanding of foundations, pilings and substructures and have extensive experience on residential projects previously. You also need to be client facing as your role will regularly involve meeting with consultancies and architects to ensure everything is in check and that they are practicing value engineering by finding affordable solutions. The developer will also carry out remedial design solutions when required.
You must be confident of your technical ability and be comfortable in a reactionary working environment where you need to provide quick solutions to problems.
* Chartered or Near Chartered with IStructE
* Significant experience with a Structural Design Consultancy on Residential projects
* Able to review codes of practice and general construction specifications
* Experience of responding quickly on technically challenging projects
* Excellent report writing experience
* Be comfortable leading meetings with important clients
Salary is negotiable depending on your experience.
For further details about this role, please give Elliot a call on 0207 960 2580.
- Developer - Structural Engineering - IStructE - Structural Design - Residential - Mixed Use