Are you a Senior Flood Risk Engineer looking for a new challenge within Edinburgh? An opportunity has emerged to join a small team of engineers within a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy, delivering high profile flood risk projects, working primarily with all levels of the Scottish Government.
Role & Company:
We are looking for a Senior Engineer with a wealth of experience in flood risk management, to complement the growing team in our client's Edinburgh office working on a wide range of high profile projects for SEPA and Local Authorities across Scotland. As well as hydrology and hydraulic modelling of the river and/or coastal environments, the role will involve outline and detailed design of flood alleviation schemes as well as providing project and construction management opportunities. Additional responsibilities will involve working on tender submissions, writing technical reports, client engagement and the development of the client base / new work streams in Scotland.
As a multinational energy resources and environmental consultancy company, the scale and diversity of projects provides an excellent channel for you to develop your career. Alongside a competitive salary, our client offers a first class benefits package including a great contributory pension scheme and comprehensive professional development opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience:
* MEng with a minimum of 3 years' experience in flood risk schemes
* Chartered (ICE or CIWEM) or nearing chartership
* Excellent technical report writing skills and proven communication skills.
* Strong understanding of design ideally gained working within a consultancy and the public sector.
* Experience of flood risk work in Scotland, together with government contracts would also be very advantageous.
* Knowledge of relevant industry design (e.g. AutoCAD, MicroDrainage) and modelling (e.g. Flood Modeller) software is desirable
This offers a fantastic opportunity to take your career to the next level working within a supportive environment with lots of opportunities to develop your technical and project delivery skills!
Senior Flood Risk Engineer - Edinburgh - AutoCAD - Flood Risk - Hydraulic Modelling - Flood Alleviation - Hydrology - Scotland - CIWEM