Are you an ambitious Environmental Planner open to a new and exciting challenge outside mainstream consultancy? Would you like to work for a leading property advisor servicing prestigious clients across the UK and Europe?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for an experienced specialist who is hungry for a career enhancing challenge to join an in-house team of this global property consultancy. My client is an award-winning firm, globally highly respected within the commercial real estate sector.
This role would suit a Senior to Associate level Environmental Planner who specialises in providing EIA and associated services within the property sector. This is a challenging position that will stretch you professionally and offer great scope for fast tracking your career.
Manchester or London
About the Team
My client established team’s core service is EIA consultancy, along with a range of other services including ES Reviews, Socio-Economic Impact Assessment and Health Impact Assessment. They service a range of prestigious clients helping to deliver sustainable, viable and implementable schemes on complex sites.
The team are currently on course to increase their annual turnover by over 65% from last year, having recently been instructed on a number of high profile instructions across the UK. They are therefore looking at expanding the team in either their Manchester or London office. This is a great opportunity to join a small, dynamic team with ambitions for continued organic growth.
My client is a dynamic and exciting business to be part of. They have a highly rewarding culture which is employee focused and offers significant scope for progression.
Within the team are some great individuals with significant experience developed over the years. They work in a professional but noncorporate way and are very collaborative. And they don’t use timesheets!
• Assisting with business planning for the team
• Support business development, building relationships with internal and external clients
• Assisting with the management of forecasting, invoicing, disbursements and bad debts
• Day-to-day EIA project management and coordination
• Lead author and editor of environmental statements
• Attending meetings with clients, design teams, local authorities and statutory and non-statutory consultees
• Preparation of fee proposals
• Educated to at least degree level in environmental science or a related subject
• A minimum of 6-8 years EIA consultancy experience
• Demonstrable track record of developing client relationships
• Demonstrable track record in delivering proportionate EIA on complex sites across the UK
• Membership of a relevant professional body, such as IEMA. Ideally, full membership of IEMA and chartered environmentalist status
• Detailed knowledge of the EIA process and UK EIA Regulations, as well as the planning system
• A keen eye for detail
• Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills
• Good commercial awareness
This is a fantastic opportunity outside of the normal mainstream consultancy roles often available. It offers significant scope for progression and financial reward.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting position, please feel free to make contact for more information on this and other exciting opportunities we are working on.