How does a company that offers 2 fully expensed overseas trips a year for all its employees, one skiing, one summer sound?
This highly sought-after brand employs many of the most highly regarded Economic Planners in the UK. They work on a great range of nationally significant and challenging projects. They have a really vibrant culture, superb office space in a great part of town and it comes along with an above market salary and package.
My client has a fantastic opportunity for a consultant recently graduated, or with 1 to 2 years’ industry experience and a keen interest in socio-economics to join their specialist team of over 15 staff. My client has an existing team of experienced professionals with a significant portfolio of highly prestigious projects and are looking for a consultant to join their team to support their workload. You will be working in a highly dynamic environment, alongside many top consultants from the industry learning a lot in a short space of time.
The team consists of a range highly respected professionals from within the industry. They are winning and delivering some of the most exciting projects out there. This is your opportunity to be part of this dynamic team in an independent consultancy that prides itself in being unique in their approach.
In addition, my client offers a full programme of events to actively encourage CPD and help you reach your professional goals.
Role Responsibilities Include
• Economic strategy and policy development focused on growth sectors, employment and skills, and Government support programmes
• Economic research and analysis to inform national and local economic development and regeneration priorities
• Economic growth, sectoral and other spatial strategies from local to national level
• Socio-economic impact assessments of infrastructure and development schemes to design and deliver primary and secondary research projects and data analysis
• Evaluations of projects, programmes and policies to show impact and value for money
• Drafting, assembling Socio-economic Chapters both in Environmental Statements and as stand-alone reports
• Input on socio-economic advice/environmental support on tenders/projects across various sectors
• Managing own projects
• Desk studies, research, data management and report writing
• Liaising with internal and external clients and statutory bodies, and public consultation, as necessary
• Supporting the team in the delivery of significant and complex projects
• Support the team in developing innovative ideas to enhance the outcome for the client
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject. MSc Desirable
• Potentially 1 to 2 years relevant experience
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Highly ambitious attitude, enjoys responsibility
• Thorough knowledge of UK regulations
• Keen to develop innovative ideas to enhance outcomes for the client
About this Opportunity
My client has a reputation as a great place to work, both from a professional and social perspective. There are 2 annual company paid holidays, one summer, one winter (ski). They have a highly vibrant and fun office culture, with an excellent salary and benefits scheme in place.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates