Our client is a European engineering consultancy with operations in the construction, architecture and environmental markets. They specialise in providing engineering and planning support for both large and small developments in the private and public sectors.
Due to a healthy pipeline of projects, they are currently looking to appoint a Senior Hydrologist to develop their flood risk capability within their Northern team. You will collaborate with and be supported by a close knit team of hydrologists, engineers and hydraulic modellers. The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work on a variety of projects from flood risk assessments at individual sites to catchment-wide strategic flood studies.
Role & Company:
You will be supporting the delivery of a wide variety of projects within a multidisciplinary design team for several key clients covering a range of activities from project feasibility through to detailed design and construction support. As a technically strong hydrologist you will be undertaking engineering and scientific studies in areas of flood risk, hydrology, hydraulic modelling, SuDS, water resources and environmental impact assessment. You will be responsible for significant elements of the feasibility and design and where applicable, provide technical guidance and training to colleagues.
You will be joining a high growth company, with a strong European presence. There is a working culture of decentralisation, where employees are empowered to take responsibility of their work. Offering a competitive salary and benefits package, you'll be working in an open and friendly environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop - continuous profession development is a requirement!
Qualifications & Experience:
* Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or similar subject with significant hydrology or hydraulics content.
* MSc\MEng and\or PhD with a focussed on either hydrology, hydraulic, water resources or other applied environmental science subject.
* Chartered or progressing to chartership - CIWEM, ICE or IEMA.
* A good technical understanding of hydrology and open channel hydraulics.
* Experience of GIS (e.g. ArcGIS) and hydraulic \ hydrology modelling software (e.g. FEH, WINFAP, Flood Modeller \ TUFLOW, HEC-RAS, Infoworks ICM, HYSIM, Microdrainage).
* Experience in flood estimation methods, undertaking environmental impact assessments, drainage and SUDs design, river engineering and water resource assessment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Full UK driving licence.
Senior Hydrologist - Flood Risk - Leeds - AutoCAD -Hydraulic Modelling - Flood Alleviation - Hydrology - CIWEM