We are MP Smarter Travel, a London-based sustainability consultancy looking for freelance educators/teachers to plan and deliver lessons about air quality and gardening/horticulture at primary and secondary schools in Greater London.
We are working in collaboration with a design consultancy specialising in greening the urban realm. They are delivering projects in schools, and are looking to complement their service offer with lessons and interactive activities to educate students about the role of plants in sustainability (air quality, food production, wellbeing, etc.).
You will have a qualification in education and/or teaching experience. You will be able to deliver engaging, informative and interactive lessons and activities to pupils of various ages and abilities. You will have demonstrated experience and/or qualifications in gardening/horticulture.
About the organisation:
We are a consultancy specialising in sustainable transport and behaviour change, and we often work with freelance consultants in partnership with other consultancies. Our key clients are local authorities, schools and business groups.
Key skills and experience:
* Qualifications and/or demonstrable experience in education/teaching
* Qualifications and/or demonstrable experience in gardening/horticulture
* Ability to design lesson plans based on factors including pupil ages, number of pupils, school surroundings, timescale, etc.
* Ability to deliver engaging, informative and interactive lessons and activities which fit into the national curriculum
* Knowledge of and passion for sustainability
* Strong organisational and communication skills
* Ability to deliver client requirements within budget
* Flexible schedule and ability to work on short notice
* DBS is required
Role and responsibilities:
* Produce lesson plans
* Acquire and transport all relevant materials (teaching materials, tools, plants, etc.).
* Travel to schools
* Deliver lessons/activities
* Obtain written feedback from schools
* Review and improve lessons and approach based on reflection and feedback
* Send a bespoke CV
* Include brief cover letter stating your availability, preferred working arrangements, and hourly fee. Hiring manager is Arun Khagram.
* If you meet our requirements on paper, we will call to discuss the role in more detail
* Successful applicants will be included in our small pool of freelance educators specialising in gardening/horticulture
* You will receive notice of specific jobs as they become available.
teaching, teacher, education, educator, school, garden, gardening, horticulture, botany, plants, freelance