My client is a major construction services consultancy, delivering complex and high profile infrastructure projects across the commercial, residential, education and industrial sectors.
Their construction and building services team of over 200 mechanical and electrical engineers work on some of the country's most challenging of projects. You will be joining industry renowned and world leaders in the fire engineering team whose aim is to improve communities through small and large scale design and infrastructure projects.
* Gather and correlate basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures
* Work on detailed or routine fire engineering assignments involving calculations, sketches, diagrams, fire strategy drawings and fire strategy reports
* Guiding and mentoring entry level graduate fire engineers
* Timely delivery of projects within strict budget and time schedule
* Contribute to the development of technical proposals
* Support project managers in the management of project costs, information and correspondence
* Manage client relationships through the entire life cycle of a project.
Experience and Skills
* Sound knowledge of the fundamentals of fire suppression system design. This should include: preparation / review of system drawings, different types of sprinkler systems (conventional, dry pipe systems, open deluge and pre-action) and alternative suppression systems such as gas suppression, oxygen reduction systems and water mist
* Understanding of International and US design standards
* Knowledge of design codes for all main building types: offices, schools, hospitals, stations, airports and residential
* Experience in technical and client facing roles, managing and delivering projects and working as part of a larger team
If you are interested in joining a multidisciplinary team that works together on major international projects for high profile clients, please do not hesitate to call Josh on 0207 960 2586.