Experienced Aquatic Ecologist required for prestigious international consultancy based in either Leeds or Manchester.
Join one of the UK’s most highly regarded consultancies, with a reputation for outstanding work, fantastic culture and continuous progression and learning.
My client is one of the UK’s leading consultancy firms, comprising of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists. You’ll be working alongside many of the UK’s leading professionals on a range of high profile projects Nationally and Internationally.
In this exciting role, you will gain experience of a range of modern, innovative survey methods and techniques, including aquatic habitat mapping and assessment using GIS-enable tablet technology to rapidly gather and send field data, prepare, manage and execute, the delivery of ecological services across a wide range of projects sectors including energy, water, transport, residential and mixed-use schemes.
You will also be expected to provide freshwater ecological support to the wider environmental management and EIA team on individual projects as well as my clients well-stablished Water team. Good team working, and communication skills will be essential, as the role will demand collaborative working with other ecologists and scientists to deliver a challenging programme of work.
Manchester or Leeds
• Strong background in freshwater ecology field surveys - including habitat surveys, protected species surveys, and WFD compliant surveys or freshwater receptors
• A detailed understanding of freshwater ecology and how freshwater receptors interact within an ecosystem, and how different pressures may disrupt this balance
• A detailed understanding of the Water Framework Directive, its objectives, and the process of demonstrating Project compliance
• Statistical analysis, data management and modelling of large and complex environmental data sets
• Proven success of working in a team environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Ability to work on multiple projects
• Bachelor Degree in Ecology or related subject
• Full CIEEM membership or working towards
• A full UK driving licence is required for this position
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting and flexible benefits. They are able to provide agile and flexible working conditions to suit your personal needs.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers significant training as well as great scope for progression and reward.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.