JSM are delighted to be working with this highly regarded and rapidly growing system's engineering consultancy in their search for a Sustainability Specialist to join their established Environmental Assurance Team. Reporting directly to the Group Manager you will be pivotal in the team's exciting growth plans going forward.
You will play an important part in the technical development, and ongoing growth, of my client’s environmental and sustainability consultancy group. You will have practical experience of environmental management, regulatory control, corporate governance and environmental compliance.
Ideally you will have experience within the Defence, Nuclear, Renewables, Rail and/or Marine sectors.
As part of this established team you will be involved in developing, implementing and delivering key project opportunities across the firm’s diverse client base and sector focus. They specialise in managing compliance and solving complex environmental challenges on a range of significant projects both in the UK and globally.
The role can be based from a number of my clients UK locations including; Bristol, Warrington, Burton.
• hold a relevant degree and/or Masters
• Chartered Environmentalist or equivalent with full/fellow membership of relevant professional body
• highly technical skills in relevant sector(s), defence, energy, nuclear, renewables, infrastructure (road and rail)
• able to provide expert knowledge and support to colleagues and stakeholders
• upwards of 5 years relevant industry experience, ideally including consultancy and industry
• proven track record delivering sustainability consultancy across range of significant projects
• excellent networker both internally and externally
• drive and passion with the ability to work autonomously
• willingness to travel nationally and occasionally internationally
• experience in a number of the technical areas outlined below:
- Environmental Aspects, Risk and Impact Assessments
- Provision of regulatory compliance advice & support
- Development of Environmental Management Systems
- Environmental Risk & Compliance Auditing
- Environmental Permitting
- Design for the Environment
- Disposal and closure planning for major operations and/or systems
- EPR/RSA Permitting/ Authorisation and Regulatory Interface
- Integrated Waste Strategy
- Decommissioning and Waste Plans
- Radioactive Waste Management
- BAT, BPEO/BPM and Optimisation Techniques
About This Opportunity
This opportunity represents a rare opportunity to play a key role within this prestigious consultancy with ambitious plans for growth. With the team set to treble in size over the next few years, the successful applicant will have the opportunity progress their career significantly.
My client offers a highly collaborative working environment that allows people to fulfil their potential. On offer is a highly competitive salary along with a significant benefits package including up to 30 days leave, private healthcare, up to 8% matched pension, life assurance, professional membership, regular CDP, share purchase scheme and generous bonus pot (typically 8%). You'll be provided with all the tools required to undertake the responsibilities of position and will be well supported by senior management.
If you are an ambitious and passionate environment and sustainability professional looking to progress, then this opportunity offers your career a real boost. Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.