My client is looking for an experienced person (consultant to senior consultant grade) to join their growing Environmental Management team in the South East, ideally based from my clients Hemel Hempstead office. My client is ideally looking for someone with experience of both Environmental Management and EIA. They would also consider applications from specialists in either discipline.
You will be joining a dynamic and growing team within a leading multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy servicing a wide range of commercial, energy, government, property, transport and utilities clients. My client requires a talented professional, seeking an exciting career opportunity and a fulfilling lifestyle in one of the UK’s Top 10 environmental companies.
Their team is currently supporting clients on a range of nationally and regionally important planning applications, public inquiries and the environmental management of projects before, during and after construction. The expectation is that you will have a key role on these projects from the outset.
• Managing and overseeing Environmental Management projects from commencement to completion
• Coordinating and writing reports related to EIA and EM projects
• Coordination of multi-disciplinary teams
• Client relationship management to support repeat business
• Working with regulators and liaising with clients
• Preparation of proposals and tenders successfully
• Pro-active business development to identify new opportunities and win profitable new business
• 2-5 years of previous consultancy experience in a directly related field
• Experience in one or more of the following sectors would be desirable: conventional power, renewable energy and associated electrical infrastructure, transport, property and electricity transmission
• Proven ability to build and retain client relationships
• An excellent knowledge of your technical discipline including the current methods, legislation, techniques and guidance which directs the services we provide
• An excellent knowledge of project management including a detailed understanding of financial management, program management and quality control including a track record of returning good profitability and receiving good client feedback
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Good team player, with the ability to work independently
• Enthusiastic and well organised
• BSc degree level qualified in a relevant subject
• Preferably full member of IEMA and/or Chartered Environmentalist
Rewards & Benefits
• Salary commensurate with experience,
• Contributory pension scheme,
• A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
• Regular training and career development.
Our client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.