Are you looking for making real impact on how companies do business?
We’re looking for a Consultant to join our Sustainability team in the UK to help us do this. This is an exciting role and you will be supporting the delivery of projects, ensuring service excellence for clients whilst developing and maintaining new and existing relationships from day one.
We help clients implement, improve and demonstrate their commitment to sustainability. You will work on a wide range of services including: reporting and assurance; strategy, supply chain sustainability, human rights, green bonds. You will also get the real opportunity to work with many of the world’s leading companies and brands across a wide range of sectors.
Our UK team comprises 20 members, based predominantly at our offices on the south bank (central London near Blackfriars/Waterloo). The UK Sustainability team sits within our Business Assurance division and works closely with our global DNV GL sustainability teams in the Nordic countries, USA and Italy.
You will be expected to work across our range of sustainability services, which include:
• Sustainability reporting and assurance
• Digital Assurance
• Sustainability strategy
• Supply chain management
• Green Bonds and finance & climate risk
• Human rights and social responsibility
You will be expected to support the team on client projects as well as helping to grow our business through the following activities:
• Ensuring projects are executed to clients’ expectations, on time, on budget and to DNV GL quality standards
• Delivering the target level of utilisation on fee paying work
• Managing and communicating effectively with clients
• Working with existing and potential clients to help establish their individual needs, identifying and recommending appropriate solutions.
• Preparing responses to business enquiries with the support of other team members
• Helping to deliver tailored solutions to help address our clients’ challenges
• Contributing to thought leadership published by the team
The role would report (for line management and personal development) to one of the existing Senior Consultants.
Analysis & Judgement - quickly understands and analyses complex issues and problems; comes up with sound and rational judgements.
Effective Communication - communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively.
Constructive Teamwork - co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information; supports others in the pursuit of team goals.
Initiative & Responsibility - acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for the results.
Self-Development - is aware of own strengths and limitations and pursues learning and career development opportunities.
Professional Expertise - demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own area; participates in continuous professional development.
Technical / Professional Expertise and Qualifications Required
The successful candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
• A strong interest and demonstrable experience in sustainability report assurance (required) and one or more of the other services (preferable).
• Ability to work in an international team, delivering high quality written outputs within agreed time periods.
• Outstanding communicator, with excellent research and analytical skills.
• Proactively seeks to identify real customer needs and support further business development through customer insight.
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively managing a number of tasks in parallel.
• Willingness to occasional travel and work around the UK and overseas (depending on the project)
• Ability to plan and execute work with required quality and within agreed schedule and budget.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. Our vision is to make a Global impact for a safe and sustainable future.
We provide classification, assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and digital services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is one of the world’s leading certification bodies. We help businesses assure the performance of their organizations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment, and training services. Partnering with our customers, we build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust across all types of industries.
About UK Sustainability
To create value through meeting the world’s economic, social and environmental needs, sustainable practices should be at the heart of how business is done. We help clients implement, improve and demonstrate their commitment to sustainability. Our highly experienced consultants help clients with the full range of sustainability issues, with services including strategy, training, stakeholder engagement, human rights, green bonds, reporting and assurance.
We work with many of the world’s leading companies with some of the world’s top brands. We have extensive experience across most sectors, including: food & beverage; consumer goods; packaging; extractives; utilities; manufacturing; and financial services.
About Business Assurance
As a world-leading certification body, our Business Assurance division works with companies to assure the performance of their organisations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment and training. Our 2,000 Business Assurance employees worldwide take a broader view to help our clients build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust.
With our extensive local presence, consolidated global experience across industries and acknowledged technical competence, we are an ideal partner for companies in all sectors. We partner with our clients to help them create value while meeting the world’s economic, social and environmental needs.