Role: Estimator - GEOTECHNICAL
Location: Chesterfield or Bristol
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
My client provides solutions to challenging and complex ground engineering projects within all aspects of the construction and civil engineering markets. Due to company expansion we are looking for a Estimator to be based at their head office in Chesterfield or Bristol.
Ideally you will have a background in the Geotechnical/Geo-Environmental/Ground Investigation/Site Investigation industry however we are also looking at candidates with a civils and/or construction background.
* Estimator / sales - tendering for new work concerned with geotechnical stabilisation of steep soil/rock slopes and retaining walls, involving drilling, anchoring, netting, sprayed concrete and soil nailing.
* Working as part of a small team, from initial client enquiry through to contract award on a variety of construction and maintenance schemes.
* Maximising sales/turnover whilst minimising company exposure to commercial risk.
* Full time (office based with site visits)
Experience, attributes and skills required:
* Processing new enquiries / database management.
* Site visits for tender evaluation, calculating quantities from drawings, building up costs.
* Obtaining supplier / subcontractor quotations.
* Preparation of tender submissions including costs and programme, project values up to ~£4m.
* Client follow up.
This opportunity would suit an existing Contracts Manager OR someone from the GI/SI/Geotechnical contracting industry who has had experience of the above and would like to move into this area full time.
To apply please hit the "APPLY NOW" button below. For more information please call Yasmina Ezzegraoui on 0207 940 2105.
If you are looking for other roles in the GI/SI contracting and/or Environmental consultancy industries please forward your CV directly along with a short message regarding what type of opportunities you'd like to explore.
If you know someone who may be suitable, please forward our details on to them. We offer a £200 referral bonus for candidates referred to us!