Exceptional opportunity for an ambitious and passionate Ecologist to join a leading Independent award-winning Environmental and Sustainability Consultancy in Central London. This is an exciting opportunity offering the successful candidate a role that will significantly broaden and diversify their Ecology career.
My client is a leading Independent Consultancy working with a diverse range of clients and projects across the UK and Internationally.
The role offers you the chance to work with a range of prestigious clients mainly across the development and planning sector. You will be undertaking a range of interesting and diverse ecology work, much of it in areas such as Green Infrastructure, Biodiversity, Net Gain etc. As well as this the opportunity offers you strategic responsibility and managing a team of 4 to 5 Junior Ecologists. My client has a varied portfolio of prestigious clients including; landowners, developers, architects and local authorities, thus giving you greater breadth of work than is often available in other consultancies.
Due to the ongoing success of my client, they have created this role in order to enable further growth and delivery of their strong order book. They are looking for a Principal Ecological Consultant to join their multidisciplinary team and assist with the delivery of a diverse range of projects.
The role will entail management of complex ecology projects; many of which would involve multiple protected species in complex scenarios. Alongside managing projects, the successful candidate would be responsible for tender production, client liaison, financial management and survey programming. There would also be opportunities to run unique urban biodiversity projects, such as bespoke ecological monitoring of living roofs and green infrastructure strategy production.
You would be responsible for mentoring staff and undertaking technical reviews. The role will also enable you to have input into strategy and new business generation.
Central London (2 days a week working from home available, part-time also considered)
• Ideally 7+ years of professional experience;
• Graduate (MSc desirable) in a relevant scientific degree (ecology, biology, environmental science or similar);
• MCIEEM and CEnv or CEcol (desirable);
• Highly organised and motivated individual;
• Based in or around London (or be willing to travel into the office 3 days a week) and have access to a car with full driver’s licence;
• Experience of line management and technical review responsibilities;
• Excellent report writing skills;
• Enthusiastic about nature conservation;
• Available to work flexible hours to support on ecology surveys;
• Hold a European protected species licence for bats and experience with EPSM licence preparation and delivery; and
• Experience/knowledge of green infrastructure and working with urban biodiversity (desirable).
About My Client
Now in their 13th year, my client has a team of 25 staff currently operating from 2 offices including Central London (Blackfriars). They have enjoyed significant success with year-on-year growth achieved consistently. They have developed an enviable reputation with a range of prestigious clients across various sectors. They provide a vibrant and dynamic working environment for their staff, including homeworking and flexible hours.
They are an award winning multidisciplinary environmental consultancy known for providing innovative and bespoke ecological solutions. They have a wealth of experience across a range of sectors and through all stages of planning, development and corporate sustainability. They have a deep understanding of the built, natural and social environment.
Their staff gain experience working on a wide range of developments, providing baseline surveys to facilitate planning applications, and working with architects and landscape architects in the design and implementation process to create innovative solutions for integrating biodiversity within the built form.
My client offers significant scope for long-term progression within the company.
In Return My Client Offers
• Highly competitive salary;
• Extensive benefits package including healthcare, pension, generous holiday entitlement;
• Performance bonus, typically paying 10% per annum;
• Flexible working conditions, including regular homeworking and flexible hours to suit your needs;
• Significant training budget;
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates