Exciting opportunity for an ambitious Due Diligence Specialist to play a key role within a growing mid-sized award-winning UK consultancy. Joining a highly successful and growing unit, you will play a significant role within the team.
My client has offices throughout the UK. The position would be ideally based in Manchester, but other locations will be considered.
Responding to the ever-increasing demand from a diverse range of clients, my client is looking to build on their success and bring in an experienced Due Diligence specialist at Senior grade. Operating across variety of sectors including aviation, commercial development and infrastructure, they support clients in helping promote best environmental and sustainable practice.
My Client is looking for an experienced and highly motivated environmental professional to join their energetic and successful Environmental Due Diligence – Transactions team, delivering a high standard of consultancy for an exciting range of blue-chip, sector-leading multi-national organisations.
Based from either their Central Manchester/London/Birmingham office, my client requires someone with the ability to work as part of a team, as well as autonomously with exceptional technical delivery to satisfy the needs of the project, team and self.
Using solid professional knowledge and experience, my client needs someone who can complete Environmental Audits and Transactional Due Diligence for a range of real estate, corporate and tech sector clients for M&A, acquisition or divestment, compliance and ESG purposes. Responsibility for the technical delivery of single-site or multi-site audits, desk studies, Phase 1 assessments, portfolio reviews and related transaction advisory support both in the UK and internationally will also be key.
Ideally You Will Have The Following
• A good knowledge of UK environmental legislation, land quality liabilities, producer responsibility and permitted processes.
• Good communication (verbal, presentation and technical writing), research, analytical and strategic thinking skills.
• The ability to take an active role in identifying and developing business opportunities, prepare technical bids and proposals.
• Skills in building and maintaining professional relationships both internally and externally.
• Excellent organisation, motivation and ability to manage your own workload.
• A passionate and informed knowledge on environmental issues.
• Excellent report writing skills with excellent attention to detail and the ability to clearly present/discuss projects with colleagues, clients and regulators.
• The ability to accurately collect, interpret and report environmental data and information succinctly to a variety of audiences.
• A flexible approach to work to meet client deadlines and a willingness to travel as required, principally within the UK and Europe.
Skills & Experience
• Degree in an environmental/geological/engineering or similar subject, preferably with a related Master’s Degree.
• Solid professional experience of applying environmental compliance, liability and contaminated land principles to a range of projects and experience undertaking site inspections, preferably within a consultancy context.
• Experience in environmental compliance auditing and due diligence assessment of operational industries and businesses.
• Experienced working with financial organisations, private equity, the legal sector, property and corporate clients.
• Experience of reviewing geo-environmental and due diligence reports and an understanding of site investigations would be beneficial.
• Membership of professional organisation (e.g. IEMA, CIWEM, IES) and commitment towards continuing professional development and working towards becoming Chartered.
• A full UK Driving Licence.
An excellent employee benefits package and nurturing and creative professional environment to expand your career and skills, whilst working within the empowered environment of a truly sustainable, globally operating, UK based environmental consultancy, committed to dynamically delivering the best Ground, EHS and Sustainability advice and support to projects throughout the property and construction sectors.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.