JSM Associates have an excellent opportunity for an Acoustics specialist looking to take a significant step up in their career to play a lead role in a small but growing acoustics team within this highly regarded and prestigious independent consultancy.
My client’s business was established only a few years ago. They have enjoyed huge success in a relatively short period, which has seen them grow to nearly 100 staff and have offices dotted around the UK. They have secured a diverse range of prestigious clients and projects, as well as attracting many highly regarded staff to join their ranks. They provide a fresh and vibrant culture as well as huge scope for career progression and reward.
This role can be situated in either my clients Sheffield, Manchester, Leeds or Bristol office. With significant scope for flexible and remote working
By providing high quality commercially focused acoustics consultancy, you will be key in managing and delivering projects to the highest standard.
Joining their established acoustics team, you will be able to proactively project manage and deliver assessments for a range of environmental projects.
Reporting directly to the Director of Acoustics, you will also be responsible for mentoring junior staff and assisting with business development; liaising with others in the acoustics team as well as with other Environmental Specialists across the company.
Sheffield, Manchester, Leeds or Bristol office, with significant scope for flexible and remote working
Ideally You Will Have The Following
• A degree (Masters preferably) in Acoustics or equivalent with a 3 to 5 years consultancy experience;
• Membership of the Institute of Acoustics (MIOA);
• Experience in the preparation and co-ordination of all elements of Environmental Acoustics reporting, i.e. noise and/or vibration and ideally possess a knowledge of Building Acoustics;
• A knowledge of noise modelling software, CadnaA preferred;
• Liaison with regulators and other external organisations
• Ability in Technical reporting and reviewing of colleague reports;
• Ability to provide technical expertise to colleagues;
• Management and supervision of junior staff as required;
• Project Management; preparation and issue of fee proposals;
• Responsibility for meeting client deadlines and expectations; and
• Involvement in planning appeals and inquiries, ideally as an expert witness.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the