Unique opportunity to join one of the world’s most highly regarded Independent Engineering Consultancies with a fantastic reputation for the work they deliver. The role will be within their well-established Land Sustainability Advisory Team, which consists of a range of industries experts, as well as junior and senior level staff.
You will be working on a range of challenging and complex infrastructure projects both in the UK and overseas.
My client is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and experienced Associate Sustainability Consultant to join their environment team based in London. Specialising in responsible business, sustainability/ESG strategy and reporting.
The role would require leading work with clients at a corporate/organisational and portfolio level across a range of sectors, including Property, Infrastructure, Financial and Public sectors.
Typical types of work would include, but not be restricted to the following:
• Visioning and future scenario
• Materiality Assessment
• Objective, target and KPI setting
• Sustainability/ESG Strategy development
• ESG due diligence
• Strategy implementation
• Monitoring and assessment
• Reporting and feedback
• Investor disclosure.
My client can provide you with a vast range of exciting projects, as well as the opportunity to work with world-class engineers, consultants and technical specialists. Their reputation and culture make them a very enviable company to join.
In delivering this work, the role requires close working with other teams including digital, behaviour change, communications, foresight, planning, urban design and environmental and social topic specialists.
You will be Project Manager on several projects, responsible for understanding a client's needs, bringing together the right skills from across my client, and managing all aspects of the project to deliver valuable outcomes for the client.
The role is very client focussed and managing relationships with a number of different clients is essential.
The role will involve line and team management responsibilities, supporting the Sustainability and Environmental Leadership Team.
You would be involved in aspects including mentoring, resource management, marketing and business planning.
There will be some responsibility for generation of new leads, and the ability to lead on bidding processes for new work.
Why Choose this Role?
• My client has an enviable reputation as a fantastic employer with a significant focus on employee welfare. They offer significant scope for flexible working as well as a highly tailored flexible benefits package that can be used in a variety of ways to suit an individual’s needs
• They offer a fantastic continual development programme and ongoing training to develop your career in a direction of your choosing
• You will be working alongside many industry leaders and have the opportunity to significantly raise your profile in the industry
Ideally You Will Have The Following
• Experience of sustainability strategy
• Experience of sustainability Reporting
• Built Environment experience
• Strong Project Management skills
• Knowledge of relevant environmental legislation
• Knowledge of relevant standards and schemes including:
o EMS ISO 14001
o Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
o Taskforce for Climate Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD)
• Demonstrable Leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills, with experience communicating at Exec level
• Strong commercial skills
• Proven ability to manage and motivate teams
• Well networked with demonstrable external profile
• Education to degree level but preferably a Masters degree.
• Member of the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA) or equivalent and Chartered Environmentalist
• IEMA Registered Environmental Auditor would also be desirable.
Rewards & Benefits
Our client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a regular training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input into the growth and development of the team.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.