12 month contract Birmingham. Ref; 20137
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced ecologist to join an established team of environmental experts based in Birmingham. Our client is one of the leaders in the field with a strong network of UK and International offices. You will be working on a diverse range of ecological services with a focus on major infrastructure projects. As senior ecologist, you will be an integral part of a very collaborative and friendly team who pride themselves on an integrated approach to ecology and the wider environment. The business is growing, offering exciting opportunities for ambitious individuals.
Initially the post will be a 12 month fixed term contract, with the prospect of becoming a permanent member of the team.
* The role demands individuals who can work collaboratively and be able to manage their own workload independently.
* Excellent communication skills, project delivery and client facing are also a prerequisite.
* Member of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
* Expertise in survey, assessment and mitigation for one or more species group
* Full, clean, UK driving licence
* Experience of major infrastructure projects.
Planning and undertaking ecological surveys and producing high quality reports including habitat and species surveys
Undertaking ecological mitigation (ECOW)
Managing small to medium scale projects with input on large scale projects with the support of the ecology lead
Fee proposal preparation
To be considered for this role, please apply with an up to date resume and we will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail.
We also offer £250 for any recommendations, so please forward this to friends and colleagues who might be interested.