Service Project Manager
GB, Warrington | Management | Full-Time | ID: 10474
Service is a constantly moving department and we’re looking for a broad project manager to be able to handle some of the opportunities that we face, it’s an exciting role that will enable you to have an integral part in shaping how we bring about some of our improvements and solutions.
Sales > SBU NCE > Service UK/Ireland
Operating within the Vestas Northern & Central Europe business unit, we focus exclusively on selling, constructing and operating onshore wind power plants in UK and Ireland. With offices in Dublin and Warrington, Service UK and Ireland is responsible for the service and maintenance of our customers’ wind power plants in both markets.
Together with our colleagues throughout Vestas, we handle some of the largest operational projects, with some of the most complex customers in Europe.
We take pride in our collaborative and open-minded culture and in order to achieve our targets, we offer our employees an open working environment where passion and willpower are the daily ingredients to embrace the opportunities of our exciting journey.
• Direct various projects to successful completion - on time, on budget covering a variety of areas i.e. operational expansion, operational establishment, business change and improvements
• Support the service management team in meeting its various customer, contractual and operational objectives
• Provide professional project management leadership within the organisation and act as a mentor for competency development
• Support the continuous improvement of operational performance including cost and productivity
• Ensure safety & quality standards and processes are met
• Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent, Technical education would be ideal
• Previous experience from the wind industry would be beneficial, but ideally, you would have a related heavy industry background
• Previous project management experience, with proven experience in a variety of subject areas( You will have exposure to a range of different aspects involving change management, technical solutions, cost projects, Lean etc.)
• Previous experience in an operational or service organisation, ideally in the wind industry operational environment
• Business improvement skills and experience to enable operating in a fast-changing environment
• Ideally you will have familiarity within a technically complex environment - machinery, plant, processes or systems
• Motivated by solutions, able to bring together stakeholders to guide towards solutions
• Solid methodical ability motivated by the desire to have clear systems and processes
• Organised and methodical approach to work with attention to detail
• Solid people skills and ability to communicate professionally
• Able to cope with a high level of change and pressure
• Able to deliver on time and in full
What we offer
This will be a varied role and expose you to a wide range of different topics as part of our service department. This is an operational role within the largest wind turbine service organisation and involves you in the continued growth of the company within the UK and Ireland.
This position will be based out of our Warrington office in Birchwood. It will involve some travel across the UK and Ireland.
To apply please click the link above.
We will be reviewing applications continually so you should apply before 16th October.
For additional information on the position, please contact Talent Acquisition Partner Martin Whittle +44(0)7515325141.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.