Power Conversion's LV8 is a low voltage drive for a wide range of applications. It can significantly cut energy costs and lowers grid disturbances with a reduced environmental impact. In this role you will be responsible for managing all aspects related to it. From ensuring quality to liaising with customers.
To know more about the product click here.
Manage all the activities relating our High Performance Modular Drive:
• Technical Management and direction of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) work in conjunction with technical team and product owner/Technical Director to ensure the quality of the product.
• Review solutions developed by project/product teams and identify opportunities for improvement of process, system, or equipment, to prevent errors.
• Provide technical advice and assistance to the overall project team as appropriate including support of technical designs, of Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), of factory acceptance testing, commissioning and service.
• Liaise with other GE businesses, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers as appropriate in order to support projects and the business.
• Degree or equivalent in electrical/power electronic engineering or related subject.
• A minimum of ten years’ experience in co-ordinating engineering design, application and validation with experience in the following areas:
Power Electronic Convertors.
Renewable and wind turbine standards.
Continuous technical improvements and resolution of Quality issues in the field.
Variable speed convertor control systems, switching strategies and associated automation.
• Experience leading a multi-disciplined international team.
• Ability to multi-task on a variety of projects to strict time scales.
• Excellent communication, report writing and organisation skills.
• Chartered Engineer or equivalent proven record of continuous professional development.
• Experience in the Area of Wind Turbine power electronics and renewable energy.
• Experience in the RCA of power electronic and electrical systems
• The ability to perform review/sign off:
• Customer/Product Specifications
• Field Failure Data
• Site Failure Reports
• Test/Repair Facility reports
• Willing to travel within base country and overseas for short term working.
GE's Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electric transformation of the world's energy infrastructure. Designing and delivering advanced motor, drive and control technologies that evolve today's industrial processes for a cleaner, more productive future, it serves specialized sectors such as energy, marine, industry and all related services.