Due to continuing success and the growth of our business to 11 offices in the UK, we are now in an exciting position of searching for our next Fire Risk Assessor.
As a Fire Risk Assessor at Ridge you will be responsible for conducting site-based fire risk assessments within a variety of sectors, including industrial, commercial and residential within a specified timescale, using bespoke technology to collect data via a tablet.
* Undertake regular communication with our Client's team to co-ordinate programmes of inspections and remedial works
* Ensure buildings conform to the latest Fire Related building regulations and technical standards
* Taking particulars on site, writing up schedules of works required and in association with others, prepare specifications, obtain estimates, plan programmes of work, monitor progress of works on site, checking compliance with the specification
* Provide a practical and methodical approach to solving problems, working to fixed budgets and working within tight deadlines
* Provide advice in connection with applications for Building Regulations Approval on Fire Related matters
* Authorise and Sign off Fire risk assessments before submission to clients
* Conduct annual internal audits on Fire risk assessors
To be successful in your application for our Fire Risk Assessor position you will need to be fully conversant with current fire safety legislation including the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order and technical standards as well as a full understanding of current fire safety issues, trends and best practice.
It is essential that you have completed a series of nationally recognised training courses and/or be listed on the national recognised register of fire risk assessors.
Ideal candidates will have reached or be working toward Graduate level in the Institute of fire engineers or a comparative relevant body within the fire safety industry.
We anticipate that the Fire Risk Assessor role within Ridge will grow and develop; therefore, initial and on-going training in areas where knowledge may be limited will be fully supported by Ridge.
If this is an opportunity that interests you, or you know of someone in your netowrk that might be like to find out more, get in touch with Ben Quilter on 0207 960 2851 or email