Job Title: Senior Ecologist
Location: Cheshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, North Wales (Remote working)
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
A well-established Ecology consultancy are expanding their business and looking to appoint another Senior Ecologist. You'll be involved in a range of high profile projects, working alongside large consultancies and contractors on multimillion pound construction and infrastructure projects across the UK.
Qualifications & Experience:
You will support the sustainable development of schemes and work to facilitate the construction process and mitigate the impact on local flora and fauna.
Your role will include;
* Planning and undertaking ecological surveys and producing high quality reports
* Carrying out ecological mitigation design and delivery (e.g. Ecological Clerk of Works)
* Managing small to medium scale projects with input on large scale projects with the support of the ecology lead and delivering technical work
* Liaising with ecological regulators and planning authorities, clients and partner organisations
Role & Company:
This SME work with a range of multi-disciplinary consultancies and large scale contractors on integral construction and infrastructure projects. They offer a range of services within environmental management and pride themselves on their quality of service to clients. They invest heavily in the professional development of their staff and will support you through future certificates to further establish yourself in the sector. The company offers excellent flexibility around remote working when you're not needed at site or in the office.
They are looking for someone with the following experience;
* BSc or equivalent qualification
* Member in some capacity of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
* Experience of effective project management, delivering on time and to budget
* Experience working with site contractors to deliver advice and mitigation on site to ensure client commitments are met
* Familiarity in carrying out surveys, assessment and mitigation for one or more species group and report writing
* Full clean UK driving licence.
This is an attractive opportunity for someone looking to work on some interesting, high profile projects in the North and across the UK. Alongside playing an integral part in such projects, you will have the option to take on more responsibility and take on a more senior position in the future within a well-respected, growing consultancy.
If you are interested in this opportunity, or know someone nin your network who might be, give me a call on 0207 960 2581 or email