"An international client-side opportunity, working with a leading global renewable energy developer and asset manager."
A leading, global renewable energy developer, is currently expanding the development of their solar energy projects in Spain, and accordingly are looking for an experienced environmental professional to join their team.
About the role:
The position will be the national lead for environment, working as part of a global team. The organisation has a number of ongoing solar developments in Spain, in addition to numerous new developments in their project pipeline. The role will involve all aspects of the environmental planning process, from environmental due diligence to EIAs, liaising with a range of stakeholders from local authorities to managing consultants.
You will be an experience Environmental Consultant, with bilingual proficiency in Spanish and English, and a robust understanding of the Spanish environmental planning system. You will have experience managing environmental planning applications, ideally with experience working on renewable energy projects.
* Recognising and reporting on environmental and permitting risks, requirements processes and timeframes across project pipeline.
* Carrying out due diligence assessments, which will include reviewing environmental planning and permit applications
* Undertaking planning constraints analysis, this will include desktop assessments, site visits, and the use of GIS tools,
* Managing consultants, and overseeing the preparation of environmental and planning assessments and management plans
* Working on stakeholder engagement projects, for new solar farm developments, which will include managing consultants and attending meetings and consultation events
* Engaging with environmental authorities
* Preparing technical specifications and consultant scope of works for contracts
* Undertaking and managing post-construction planning compliance audits for operational assets
If you have the suitable skills and experience, please apply directly, or to discuss further contact Gareth on 020 7960 2559.