Due to increasing business an established Multi-Disciplinary company based in North West Kent are looking for an experienced Surveyor/EA to join our expanding team of Employer's Agents. You will be involved with an exciting range of new build housing and mixed use regeneration projects, valued up to £20m, within London and the surrounding home-counties working with some of our sought after clients.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
The Employer's Agent will be able to manage projects from inception to completion, duties include but not limited to:
* Procuring necessary consultancy services to develop a project to planning submission/tender
* Preparation of robust and accurate tender and contract packages Developing a client brief and assembling the project delivery team
* Undertaking various forms of tender process (OJEU framework and negotiated)
* Preparing contract engrossments
* The ability to analyse and review Contractor/Developer and Designer proposals and ensure that the Employer's Requirements are fulfilled Acting as Employer's Agent, Client Representative or Contract Administrator for the delivery of the project(s) which will require:
* An understanding of development control and funding/delivery standards within the housing sector Chairing meetings, taking minutes and following up action plans
* Undertaking all day to day administrative duties on the delivery of developments under the terms of JCT, D&B or similar Contracts or bespoke Development Agreements
* An ability to record, document and instruct necessary actions as required for the delivery of Contracts
* An ability to identify aspects of risk and to seek guidance from Senior Colleagues at the correct time in order to manage and mitigate such risks.
Although you shall have an ability to undertake the above functions autonomously, the candidate shall recognise when additional or senior input is required.
Person Specification - Essential Criteria:
* University degree in either Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying or a similar construction related subject
* A minimum of 3 years' post qualification experience as an Employer's Agent combined with Quantity/Building surveying background
* RICS qualified
* Experience in residential development
* An ability to form and develop client relationships and to seek to develop new business opportunities
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Tom Howell on 0207 960 2589, 07739 650 246 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.