My client is a reputable and expanding Property Consultancy based in the North West Kent who are looking to expand their Building Surveying team, they need an experienced Graduate Building Surveyor with 12 months or more experience in a similar role, but more importantly someone who can hit the ground running to help their busy team.
The role is to assist in generating fees through the management and development of existing and new clients, to contribute towards the achievement of the financial and other objectives of the Building Consultancy Team.
Main duties of the role will include:
* To provide a full building surveying service to the internal and external clients when required.
* Carry out Building Surveys of all types of commercial buildings and residential properties.
* Work alongside, provide support and advice to other members of the Architecture and Building Consultancy Department and assist and help others with workload sharing where necessary.
* Provide Party Wall etc Act 1996 service to Building and Adjoining owners.
* Project management, Contract Administration and design for refurbishment, conversion and new build projects for commercial, rural and residential premises.
* Undertake Principal Designer role for small projects where necessary
* Preparation of Schedules of Condition and subsequent negotiations with opposing client's professional representatives.
* Prepare and advise clients on Preventative Planned Maintenance
* Advising clients on specific building problems / defects.
* Development Monitoring on behalf of a Landlord, Tenant or for bank lending purposes.
* Reinstatement Cost Assessment advice
* Effectively manage and show support the performance of others in the team
* Ideally with at least 3 years, progressing through their APC
* Ability to demonstrate technical competence.
* Sound relevant experience with extensive industry knowledge of main Building Surveying activities.
* Good working knowledge of all relevant legislation.
* Presentational skills.
* Strong communication skills.
* Car owner with current driving license.
* In depth knowledge of Landlord and Tenant legislation.
* Business development-experience.
* Computer literate with working knowledge of Computer Aided Design Packages (AutoCad) and competence in Microsoft Office Suite.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Tom Howell on 07739 650 246 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.