A national multidisciplinary consultancy are looking to appoint a Sustainability Engineer to join their established sustainability team. The role will focus on energy and thermal modelling, working across a diverse project portfolio.
You will be an experienced Sustainability Engineer, with a strong understanding of thermal modelling. You will ideally come from an engineering or architectural background and have a strong holistic understanding of sustainability in the built environment.
About the role:
You will be working in the sustainability team, working alongside the building services engineers producing a variety of energy and thermal models. Your responsibilities will include undertaking part L compliance and carrying out EPCs, ideally to level 5 on a diverse range of projects.
* Provide strategic low energy/carbon design advice with an emphasis on passive measures
* Undertake Dynamic Thermal Modelling using IESVE software, including comfort analysis, natural ventilation air-flow modelling, Building Regulations Part L assessments, and Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
* Prepare Energy Assessments for Local Authority approval as part of planning application
* Undertake energy audits on simple and complex buildings
* Prepare Low and Zero Carbon (LZC) technology feasibility studies
* Produce evidence requirements for BREEAM credits requiring thermal modelling outputs: Potential for Natural Ventilation, Thermal Comfort, Reduction of energy use and carbon emissions, Energy Monitoring, Low Carbon Design, etc.
* Support senior members of staff in client and design team relationships
* Understand client needs, interpret and confirm the project brief
* Commit to supporting the strategic company sustainability policies and the internal environmental programme objectives
If you have the suitable skills and experience, please apply directly or for further information please contact Gareth on 020 7960 2589.