Job Ref: 20303 Job Title: Senior Ecologist Location: London/Essex/Cambridge
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Our client is an innovative Scandinavian engineering and environmental consultancy who have built their reputation on delivering high quality consultancy services in Environment Planning and Development, Buildings and Infrastructure, compliance and sustainability.
As a result of recent successes and continued expansion, our client is looking to appoint a Senior Ecologist with a Bat survey licence and experience into their London, Essex or Cambridgeshire office, with excellent flexibility around home working. You will work closely with the local multidisciplinary team and other Ecological experts across their network of UK offices on an array of project work including those in the development sector.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The Senior Ecologist will;
* Preparation of mitigation licence applications, including liaison with relevant statutory bodies (eg Natural England) to obtain necessary approvals
* Design and manage ecological surveys
* Undertake preliminary ecological appraisals, vegetation and habitat surveys and surveys for legally protected species
* Manage, supervise and train junior team members
* Write factual and interpretative reports, including method statements and management plans
* Complete detailed ecological impact assessments
* Provide ecological input to Code for Sustainable Homes and BREEAM assessments
* Design and implement ecological mitigation plans and manage site work
* Provide input to fee proposals and tender documents.
Qualifications / Experience:
The Ecologist will have;
* Natural England Bat roost survey licence essential for this role, additional licences desirable..
* A Full UK driver's licence and use of a personal vehicle (insured for business use).
* Relevant Degree.
* Previous experience of ecological consultancy work.
* Excellent communication skills to allow effective liaison with planners, developers, professional advisors, contractors, landowners, the general public and others.
* Organisational and report writing skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy and friendly team during a time of growth at a large scale multi-disciplinary. You will be involved in large scale framework projects that will shape the UK's landscape for years to come and have the opportunity to learn from and mentor other ecological experts.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Ben Quilter on 07872 500 661 or bdq@mattpart,com