A well-established environmental consultancy is looking to expand its team through the appointment of a consultant ecologist. Working alongside landscape planners, you will play a key role in the delivery of projects in and around Manchester.
You will have the opportunity to work on development led projects ranging from barn conversions to complex urban extensions, industrial and residential developments. To be successful in post you should have some proven consultancy experience and candidates with CIEEM membership and/or protected speices survery licences are well desired.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The new ecologist will;
* Undertake and manage ecological impact assessment work in a range of sectors
* Carryout surveys
* Liaise with existing clients
* In support of other senior staff, undertake business development activities to develop your own client base
* Manage and mentor ecology team members
Qualifications / Experience:
To be successful in the post, you will have;
* Demonstrable ecological consultancy experience
* Excellent academic qualifications in ecology or biological sciences
* Excellent report writing skills
* Excellent survey skills to include extended Phase I and protected species work
* Strong understanding of legislative and planning policy framework in relation to ecology and conservation
You'll be joining a fun and dynamic team who have enjoyed celebrating the successful growth of the team over last few years. The outlook for the team continues to be an exciting one and there is scope for you to play an important role in how the team develops going forward.
Ecology - Ecologist - Consultant - London