Job Title: Bio-Diversity Policy Coordinator
Salary: £45,000 - £52,000
With the growth of Biodiversity Net Gain (BNG) becoming a key component of all large scale infrastructure and development projects in recent years, the need has emerged for a Biodiversity Policy Coordinator to join an in house team coordinating the development of a large scale infrastructure project in the UK. Our client is offering an outstanding package which includes a highly competitive salary and generous wider benefits.
You will support the existing team in delivering the in-house commitments of mitigating biodiversity impact and creating extensive new habitat areas in places in which they operate.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to develop your ecological knowledge and with a focus on delivering strategic biodiversity policy, away from on the ground surveys and small/medium scale projects.
General responsibilities will include;
* Support the biodiversity team to implement the organisation's biodiversity strategy and commitments across their operations both internally and externally
* Provide ecological guidance, advice and technical approval to the project's operations at all levels
* Provide external communication and liaison with relevant stakeholders, agencies and bodies
* Mentoring of more junior members of the team
Qualifications & Experience:
This is a bespoke role and one that would appeal to an experienced Ecologist or Environmentalist with a keen interest in BNG, policy and planning. Alternatively, it could attract someone with a background in ecology who has moved into the public or third sector in a more strategic, policy or best practice role. Key necessary experience includes;
* Project Management, preferably on large scale linear infrastructure
* Knowledge of UK Planning and BNG legislation
* Stakeholder consultation and engagement
* Contribution to EcIA chapters
* Consultant coordination
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in providing strategic advice and biodiversity net gain direction on high profile infrastructure projects across the UK. It is also a chance to broaden your skillset and breadth of ecological and conservation knowledge, to encompass more planning, policy and legislation while being generously remunerated with excellent benefits.
For further information on this or any other related positions please contact Ben Quilter on 07872 500 661 or bdq@mattpart,com