Fantastic opportunity for an ambitious contaminated land consultant looking to accelerate their career by joining this highly regard National and International Consultancy.
My client is a pioneer in ground-breaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, they are an international engineering consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the environmental, energy, and infrastructure markets. They serve a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
Due to their continued success my client is seeking a Geo-environmental/Geotechnical Consultant to join their established UK team.
You will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth and experienced in the delivery of high-quality site investigation services. Ideally, you will be experienced in supervising exploratory drilling, trial pitting, soil logging, environmental sampling, and monitoring. You will be experienced in data handling, analysis and report writing and would be looking to further their career in complex site investigation, remediation, and project management duties.
My client offers a vibrant, dynamic, and fast-paced work environment that provides access to a broad spectrum of professional experiences in a business that thrives on teamwork. The role will be based in either London or Manchester.
Ideally You Will Have the Following
• Relevant scientific background in Geology, Environmental Sciences, Hydrogeology, Geological Engineering, or Geotechnical Engineering.
• Experience in the delivery of site investigations and supervision of subcontractors.
• Strong safety background including CSCS card.
• Soil logging experience.
• Experienced in the use of field equipment – PID, gas analyser, interface probes, hand shear vane etc.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel software.
• Valid driving license (with no major violations).
• Performing Phase I non-intrusive walkovers, audits and desktop assessments.
• Safe delivery of site investigations on brownfield sites, both active and vacant.
• Supervision of specialist subcontractors – drilling companies and plant operators
• Geological logging, performing field testing and gathering field data during investigations.
• Sampling of soils, groundwater and ground gases.
• Environmental monitoring.
• Have strong technical writing, data management, organizational and communication skills.
• Support the tendering team in preparing proposals and site investigation specifications.
• Manage tasks and projects.
• Apply quality assurance and quality control processes.
• Diligent and accurate data gathering.
• Travel throughout the UK to support client’s needs. Overseas travel may also be possible as My client has a number of Clients and projects in Europe.
In addition to the basic qualifications the qualifications below are highly desired but not required:
• Experience in earthworks and remediation projects.
• Experience of using computer aided drawing software and geotechnical data management software.
• Experience in environmental risk assessment – human health and controlled waters.
• Experience in Project Management.
• Safety qualifications / training – use of CAT and genny, CITB Site Supervisor, asbestos awareness etc.
The package will be tailored to suit the individual depending on level of experience. My client offers competitive compensation and a market leading benefits package including healthcare provision, travel insurance and pension plan.
This role offers career growth for those looking to take their technical experience forward and move into Project Management.
Rewards & Benefits
Our client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.