My client is investing heavily in their Cost Management team in Cambridge, due to an increased demand from high profile clients in the nearby regions. with growth coming from within the Education, Healthcare and Science markets. As a result of this growth, they are recruiting for an Associate level Project Surveyor.
The team comprises of over 20 Cost Managers, consulting to a diverse and impressive client base, providing a wide range of services.
* You will be working alongside a Director to successfully manage and deliver Cost Management duties on various projects across the East of England.
* The role will cover the whole project lifecycle from initial inception/business case development estimates, through to cost planning, the RIBA design stages, procurement and onto the site delivery, commissioning and operational stages.
* To actively support the internal team, manage and mentor more junior staff on individual projects as well as technically complex projects, typically ranging between £1m to £40m.
* Demonstrate a desire to obtain increasing understanding of a client's business, demonstrating Client focus.
* Successful delivery of projects with minimum supervision, ensuring tasks on projects are managed and completed efficiently.
* Day to day main client point of contact for projects.
* Be enquiring, proactive and challenge where appropriate our own existing methods / processes.
* Ability to develop long term and maintain relationships with all team members and clients
* From a consultancy or client organisation background.
* Proven experience in a consulting environment/client organisation providing the full spectrum of Cost Management services including Pre Contract Estimating, Procurement, Contract Administration, Cost Reporting and Final Account resolution.
* Experience of Education, Healthcare and Science projects and clients is advantageous.
* Experience of managing internal resources, including the training and mentoring of more junior staff members.
* Good Understanding of JCT and NEC.
* Degree Qualified, BSc or MSc, in Quantity Surveying.
* Professional Qualified, Chartered Status with the RICS or other equivalent institution
* Full clean UK driving license, and a willingness to travel.
* CSCS card holder
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Tom Howell on 0207 960 2589, 07739 650 246 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com