Exceptional opportunity for an entrepreneurial and ambitious minded Air Quality professional to take up the leadership of my clients established air quality business.
If you are looking for a role that offers an unparalleled opportunity for growth, this is one not to be missed.
My client is an environment, energy and infrastructure consultancy with over 5,000 technical professionals and support staff located at more than 100 offices throughout the US and now in the UK. Established in the US during the 1960s, they provide integrated services to a broad range of clients with a global footprint.
Their UK business was established with in 2012. They now employ nearly 20 staff and have offices in London and Manchester. The UK team focuses on the provision of their core environmental consulting services to corporate, private equity and property clients. My client’s services are solutions driven and include advice on environmental due diligence and transaction support; contaminated land investigation and remediation; environmental planning and permitting solutions; EHS management and compliance; and energy use reporting and reduction.
To support my client’s ambitious growth plans they are looking to appoint a Principal Air Quality Consultant. The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years' experience working in consultancy with the ability to manage and deliver projects, liaise with clients, and support senior colleagues in developing new business. The successful candidate will have experience in project planning, air quality modelling, air quality impact assessment and mitigation strategies. They should have a strong technical knowledge in air quality, with the ability to manage client relationships and develop new skills and knowledge. Most importantly, they should be self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work within a dynamic business environment. They will also be responsible for the management of my client’s noise and vibration specialist partners.
Flexible. Ideally within 2 hours commute of either London and/or Manchester. Significant homeworking options available.
Ideally You Will Have The Following
• BSc or higher (preferably post-graduate qualification, such as MSc) in environmental acoustics or environmental science with post-graduate experience
• 8+ years of UK environmental consulting experience
• Full Member of the Institute of Air Quality Management (IAQM)
• Strong technical background knowledge within air quality management, including preparation of desk-based air quality and dust impact assessments, design of air quality and dust monitoring strategies, emission calculations, dispersion modelling, supporting the Environmental Impact Assessment process, supporting the environmental permitting process, preparing Air Quality Management Plans, supporting strategic projects or due diligence reviews through provision of specialist advice
• Detailed understanding of environmental regulations related to the assessment and management of air quality
• Excellent organisation, leadership, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently or in a project team with excellent problem solving, writing, and presenting skills
• Experience in engaging proactively with clients to deliver new business opportunities as well as maintaining current relationships
Must possess a driving licence and passport and be willing to travel within the UK and, occasionally, overseas.
• Project management of site investigation and impact assessments including the provision of mitigation advice in the field of air quality both indoor and outdoor to aid planning and permitting for property developers and corporate clients
• Management of external contractors / partners providing noise and vibration assessments
• Preparing proposals including formulation of robust work scopes and budgets
• Be client facing and able to liaise with local authorities and lead discussions with clients and other stakeholders
• Support business development initiatives, led by the Property Sector Director
About This Opportunity
This is a rare opportunity to work with a highly successful consulting firm with a fantastic ethos and culture. Picking up an established book of work and a range of prestigious clients, you will have unlimited scope to develop the role moving forward.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.