One of the most sought-after Planning consultancies in the UK and internationally, with their own well established EIA team, is looking to add an experienced senior level EIA specialist to their business. Having gone from strength to strength in the past 2 years, my client is set for further growth to meet the demand from the impressive range of clients. If you are a highly competent EIA professional looking for a new challenge, then this is an opportunity not to be missed.
My client is a Global company offering a comprehensive suite of commercial real estate services, including transaction, management, financial and advisory services.
My clients Environmental Planning Team forms part of their Planning, Development and Regeneration Business Unit. The Environmental Planning Team provides complementary services to master-planning and town-planning commissions throughout the UK in addition to providing services to their other Business Units and direct to range of varied external clients. The services of the Environmental Planning Team seek to manage the environmental planning risks of clients. Services include (but are not exclusive to) all matters relating to Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA); the provision of environmental constraints and opportunities planning at the site feasibility and master-planning stages of a project; and the provision of high-level strategic environmental planning advice for complex situations at all stages of the development life-cycle.
My client’s Environmental Planning Team is active across the whole of the UK and within a range of sectors (property, waste, energy and so on). Continued growth and ongoing success necessitates the appointment of several roles at senior Level (approximately four years’ plus experience) . A preferred geographical location is within London or Manchester. However, in recognition of the increased trend for remote working, flexibility in geographical location will be considered, albeit travel to Client meetings will be required, as necessary.
Roles and responsibilities will be dependent upon your level of experience. You will be assisting with project delivery will be your focus. This will include, but not be limited to: coordination of multidisciplinary team; project management of deliverables, including financial monitoring of projects; report writing; client liaison; stakeholder liaison; meeting attendance; and assisting with business development and work-winning activities.
With seniority opportunities will include: full management and delivery of projects; full client liaison and client management/care; full project financial management; contribution to business development, marketing and networking; team management and mentoring; product development and innovation; operational management; and business strategy.
The opportunities would ideally suit those with a broad knowledge of environmental disciplines, but with knowledge and practical experience of dealing with the UK planning system and relevant EIA Regulations.
Ideally London or Manchester, other locations considered (working from home with regular travel possible)
Attributes & Skills
• Ambitious and confident character
• Fast thinking and versatile, with a passion for the sector
• Membership to a relevant professional organisation (preferably the Institute of Environmental Assessment and Management (IEMA)) and/or be a Chartered Environmentalist
• Experience co-ordinating multi-disciplinary teams; experience working with and managing various project stakeholders; project management experience, including the financial monitoring and management of projects
• Excellent written skills, with specific experience authoring EIA Screening reports/requests, EIA Scoping reports/request, Environmental Statements (ESs) and other related deliverables
• Communication skills; a pro-active and collaborative team approach, engendering inclusion, support and motivation amongst your peers; a desire to go beyond process and procedure, with an ability to think innovatively to enhance outcomes for clients
• Motivation amongst your peers; a desire to go beyond process and procedure, with an ability to think innovatively to enhance outcomes for clients.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.