Unique opportunity to join one of the world’s most highly regarded Independent Engineering Consultancies with a fantastic reputation for the work they deliver and the profile of their projects. The role will be within my client’s well-established Land Contamination Advisory Team, which consists of a range of industries experts, as well as juniors and seniors.
In this exceptional opportunity, you will be working on a range of challenging and complex projects both in the UK and overseas.
Suitable candidates will have significant experience of working on complex challenging sites providing high-level advice around Land Quality issues.
Working for this client, you will have exposure to a vast range of exciting projects, as well as the opportunity to work with world-class engineers, consultants and technical specialists. Their reputation and culture make them a very enviable company to join.
You will be involved with multiple projects and be responsible for the technical input of the highest quality.
• Technical delivery of contaminated land assessments
• Managing junior staff supporting the delivery of contaminated land assessments
• Writing environmental reports
• Project management activities including programming and budget control
• Interfacing with multi-disciplinary project teams
• Communicating and liaising with clients
• Engaging and negotiating with stakeholders
• Assisting with contaminated land team business development and marketing
• Preparing bids and presentations
Requirements & Skills
You will be a motivated, enthusiastic and competent individual with proven environmental consultancy experience in the contaminated land field. The individual will require the following knowledge, skills and attributes.
• Excellent understanding of environmental legislation relating to contaminated land, and experience of application of relevant legislation, policy and guidance in respect to assessment for a range of project types
• A strong focus on meeting and exceeding client requirements and a commitment to excellence
• Strong client management skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable working on multiple tasks and projects at any one time
• Proven ability in project leadership
• Ability to manage and direct more junior staff
• Good analytical skills with a focus on finding solutions in relation to assessment technical and project management issues
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must have excellent report writing skills
• Experience of working within a commercial environment, including client liaison, programme and time management, quality assurance and financial/budget control
• Strong client management skills
• A good honours degree in a relevant subject
• Member of a relevant institute (e.g. CIWM, IES) and full Chartered status
Why Choose This Role?
• My client has an enviable reputation as a fantastic employer with a significant focus on employee welfare. They offer significant scope for flexible working as well as a highly tailored flexible benefits package that can be used in a variety of ways to suit an individual’s needs
• They offer a fantastic continual development programme and ongoing training to develop your career in a direction of your choosing
• You will be working alongside many industry leaders and have the opportunity to significantly raise your profile in the industry
Reward & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in the sector. Their core benefits include private healthcare and a range of other protection schemes. My client fully supports and safeguards your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund, available to spend on a wide range of benefits to suit your work/life balance and financial security.
Even if you are even cautiously looking, I would highly recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.