Principal/Associate Sustainability Consultant to join an established team within one of the most prestigious consultancies globally. My client is at the forefront of Sustainability and Climate Change consulting and boasts some of the most talented people in the industry.
My client is renowned the world over for its reputation as “best in class “. Their dedicated multidisciplinary Environmental & Sustainability Team services a huge range of clients and projects, delivering major projects throughout the UK across key sectors. This is an opportunity for an ambitious Sustainability Consultant to join this successful, growing team.
You will run a range of projects in the areas of environmental/sustainability advice on significant design and construction projects. Activities will include leading CEEQUAL assessments, environmental management, and auditing of design/construction contractors, ISO 14001, environmental and sustainability appraisals, consultation with statutory authorities, with opportunities to get involved with wider more strategic sustainability advice. The clients will include major infrastructure schemes and private developers. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary environment alongside other environmental, planning, engineering, and urban design specialists.
Your remit will be to undertake and lead technical work, project manage specialists and multi-disciplinary project teams, be responsible for quality and budget control, and assist with proposal preparation and marketing activities.
You Will Be Required To
• Be at the forefront of sustainability assessment strategies/CEEQUAL Assessments/sustainability project management, developing processes and standards to monitor and track progress throughout all phases of projects.
• Manage a ‘virtual’ team of sustainability specialists/CEQUAL assessors, being responsible for project oversight including deliverables and financial performance.
• As an experienced sustainability professional/CEEQUAL assessor, you will be able to provide technical and pragmatic advice to design teams.
• Work closely with the delivery teams to ensure sustainability requirements/CEEQUAL are implemented.
• Ensure that sustainability/CEEQUAL performance targets are on track and are and embedded into contracts.
• Review and assure CEEQUAL pre-assessment reports and other relevant documentation.
• Develop networks internally to ensure that sustainability is embedded across the business.
• Provide technical advice and solutions to various internal teams on sustainable design practices.
• Take an active part in developing my client’s presence on external bodies and organisations and developing best practice in the field.
• It is essential that you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as you will be a key technical ambassador for my client, working closely with their clients as well as the wider engineering and construction community. You will be a self-motivated, proactive, realistic, and collaborative person that strives to deliver solutions of the highest quality and exhibits an excellent attention to detail: your actions should inspire and instil confidence in clients, partners, and peers alike.
Essential Skills & Knowledge
• You will be a motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious individual with existing environmental/sustainability consultancy experience, able to work on your own initiative.
• You will have knowledge, or first-hand experience, in most or all of the following areas:
• Experience in developing sustainability strategies/implementing ISO14001 for projects, organisations, and/or sectors.
• Experience in leading and delivering CEEQUAL Assessment for a range of projects.
• Good working knowledge of environmental legislation within the design and construction context.
• Environmental management and auditing of design/construction contractors.
• Experience with sustainability appraisals and impact assessments.
Desirable Skills & Knowledge
• Experience in undertaking environmental impact assessments (EIA) and an understanding of GRESB, BREEAM, and LEED or similar.
• Understanding of wider environmental risk or corporate risk assessments.
• Knowledge of open data.
• Understanding of systems thinking.
• Appreciation of environmental economics.
Ideally You Will Have The Following
• Education to degree level but preferably a Masters degree.
• Member of the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA) or equivalent.
• Chartered Environmentalist or working towards Chartered Environmentalist.
• Qualified CEEQUAL Assessor.
• IEMA Registered Environmental Auditor would also be desirable.
• Excellent leadership and organisational skills.
• Strong project management skills including demonstrable experience of managing financial and quality performance and risk.
• Strong business development skills, with demonstrable experience of liaising with and managing clients and developing business, for example managing and coordinating proposals.
• Strong desire to encourage junior team members in their professional development.
• Proficient in excel and numerically.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in the sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by my client and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for-Profit Share scheme. Employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, adding a significant amount to the overall renumeration.