Exceptional opportunity for a driven Environmental Consultant/Co-ordinator to join an established team within one of the most highly regarded consultancies globally. My client is at the forefront of sustainability and climate change consulting and boasts some of the most talented people in the industry.
Due to their fantastic range of diverse and high-profile projects, my client requires a Senior/Principal Environmental Consultant/EIA Co-ordinator to join their established teams in either Edinburgh or Glasgow. Due to the nature of their work, you will have the opportunity to develop a broad range of skills fully to reach your career potential.
My client’s global presence and huge range of skills, a commitment to developing staff, and the chance to work on some of the most exciting projects being planned and built, offers you a challenging employment opportunity. As part of team of specialists with a variety of disciplines, including planners, landscape architects, hydrologists, geomorphologists, ecologists and other environmental and sustainability specialists, engineers and project managers. You will be delivering on sustainable and integrated design solutions.
My client’s environmental staff have a broad scope of technical specialisms and work on wide ranging types and scales of project in the UK and overseas. With long-standing experience in this sector, they offer their clients a broad spectrum of consulting services.
My client is seeking an experienced suitably experienced Environmental practitioner. As an Environmental Consultant you will come from an environmental consulting or planning background and will have or be progressing towards IEMA full membership, or maybe RTPI membership. My client can be flexible, and you could be based in either Edinburgh or Glasgow offices. Whichever office the successful candidate is based in, they must expect to work at times in the other Scottish office and Newcastle. Projects can vary greatly in nature and duration, which helps to provide a diverse working environment.
Edinburgh or Glasgow
• Coordinating EIAs, including for a major road scheme
• Preparing Environmental Impact Assessment Reports and other environmental reports
• Advising clients on the UK development planning systems (including Scotland)
• Assisting with project managing multidisciplinary environmental teams
• Technical report writing and producing project-related correspondence
• Client-facing on projects
• Project administration duties and monitoring of budgets
• Preparation of bids and tenders
Ideally You Will Have The Following
• Relevant consultancy experience
• Degree qualified in environmental science or other related field
• A post-graduate qualification of MSc or higher is advantageous, but not essential
• Current track record of working on environmental projects in a consulting environment and on major projects
• Membership of IEMA or equivalent professional body
• Presentation of data using ArcGIS, and awareness of the emerging field of Digital EIA
Transferable Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Excellent project management experience, including QA procedures and financial systems
• Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
• Able to quickly develop successful client relationships
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision
• Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
• Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
• Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
• Ability to flex skills and approach across a wide range of project types
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in the sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by my client and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.